THIS IS ME. I AM. APRILMELODEE.




WELCOME TO MY SILENT SANCTUARY

Friday, November 9, 2012

When People Say I Look Like 14

Do you think it is a compliment when people say you look younger than your age?

Yes, maybe it is. People get happy when they are told this such words.

Person 1: How old are you?
Person 2: 31.
Person 1: Oh, I thought you're just 24.
Person 2: Really? Thanks! :D
That is the usual situation.

But as for me, I don't really think it is a compliment. Sometimes, I find it insulting.

I'm already 23, and last week, a guy was little bit shocked when I said to him that I'm already this old. He told me he thought I was 14.

I'm actually used to it when people say I look young. But there comes a time that I tend to ask myself, "What's really the matter?" Is it because of my height? Or my voice? Or the way I dress myself? The way I talk and walk? The way i laugh? The way I speak? The way I think? The way I decide? What?

I usually don't care what other people think of me, but it's starting to bother me. I'm 23 and when that person said "I thought you're just 14" - does that mean I dress, speak, think, decide like a 14-yr-old girl also?

Does that mean I'm retarded??? Like 9 years behind???

Insulting, right? and I definitely don't like it.

It's a great challenge for me. Now it's time for the big change. WATCH ME.

No comments: