THIS IS ME. I AM. APRILMELODEE.




WELCOME TO MY SILENT SANCTUARY

Thursday, December 12, 2019

My First Mountain Climb

Who would ever think i could climb the highest mountain?

I never knew my capabilities until i was there - at the top, seeing the clouds beneath the mountain. Seeing the sun so near, the beauty of God's creation. What a wonderful feeling it is!💖

At first i was hesitant. I have no experience in climbing mountains or even hiking.

But then all of a sudden, i told myself, why not try it? I told my self, "If God allows me to, then i will".💖

Then one sunday morning, the Pastor at church mentioned climbing Mt. Apo as an illustration. It was a sermon about Abraham sacrificing his son Isaac at the mountain. Then that was the sign, my 144 leader told me that it was a confirmation that God is allowing me to go.

I never make decisions on my own. I always ask God first and after God said yes, i paid my downpayment :) then a few minutes just after my downpayment was sent, an earthquake struck near Mt. Apo as the epicenter. Wow. JUST WOW. But I was not scared at all. It was just that my 144 leader told me not to continue my plan.

But i was unstoppable. I do really want to go. I made preparations. I did walking and jogging, and a little diet too. The organizer constantly monitored my training progress. 💪💪💪

He keeps me motivated every now and then. He believed that I can so I tried my best to believe in myself too.

Until that one week, then just a few days left, and a storm cancelled all their flights. Well i thought the whole trip wasn't meant to be. I was a little disappointed.

But then, i realized maybe God allowed the storm to happen so we can have a clear and beautiful view by the time we're up there.

And yes finally that day came! Papa was worried and i was almost not allowed to go. But i really wanted to go! We fought a little, but still he had to let me go.

The whole trip was worth it!💖
The climb was just so wonderful. Everyone was nice and friendly and i was just so happy. What a wonderful and unforgettable experience it is! 💖

Thank You Lord for allowing me to climb the Highest Mountain. To more mountains to climb and conquer! 💖💖💖

No comments: